This recipe yields approximately two 12oz glass servings.
- 4-6 Pitted Dates (I use Medjool Dates)
- Handful of Raw Cashews (or Almonds)
- Handful of Spinach
- Handful of Beets
- Handful of Frozen Berries (I used Strawberries & Raspberries)
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Cup Water (less water for a thicker smoothie)
- 1/2 – 1 Cup Ice (for a thicker smoothie add more ice)
- Place Cashews, Dates, Spinach, Beets, and Water into blender and blend until smooth
- Add Berries, Protein Powder, and Ice and blend until you reach desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Please note: I am using a Vitamix which is a very powerful blender and functions a bit differently from your traditional blender. Consistency of your finished smoothie may vary depending on which blender you are using.
- Blender or Food Processor. I use a Vitamix.
- For more sweetness add dates.
- For more potassium and sweetness add banana.
- For more Protein Power add extra scoop.
- For more Protein and Creaminess add Plain Yogurt.
- Easily substitute your favorite greens.
- For added nutrition include a bit of turmeric and/or ginger.